• Facebookgoogle_plustwittermailby feather

Scientists Find That Age Is Just A Number, And Here Are 7 Ways You Can Slower Aging Process

Is age really only a number?

That’s the old cliche, but it turns out it really is the truth. Recent research has shown that there is a vast difference between chronological age, how old you are in calendar years, and biological age, how old your body appears to be at the cellular level. In short, biological age is a measure of how quickly your body systems are declining.

This study found that while most people age at approximately one biological year for every chronological year, that isn’t always the case. Some of the subjects were aging as quickly as 3 biological years to every calendar year, clocking in at a biological 60 years old at 38 years old chronologically. Others appeared not to be aging biologically at all, with a few who were 8 years younger (38 chronologically but only 30 years old biologically).

Don’t mistake this as some fad science of the minute. Biological age matters. As you’re aging, you’re declining, and that decline will affect every aspect of your health, wellness, and appearance starting as early as your mid-twenties to early thirties.

“Already, before midlife, individuals who were aging more rapidly were less physically able, showed cognitive decline and brain aging, self-reported worse health, and looked older.”- Belsky, Caspi, Houts et al.

Think it’s all dumb luck and chance? There is nothing you can do about aging? Some people are just destined to decline quickly and grown old at a young age?

Not at all. Only about 20% of your rate of biological aging can be blamed on your genetic code.The remaining 80% is based on environmental and...  Read More

Roy Pumphrey


Roy Pumphrey is a Baltimore based trainer who's been making people a little more awesome in person and over the interwebzz for over a decade now. You can read some more of his ramblings on his website: RoyPumphrey.com

Leave a Reply